Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July to those in the US...Happy Day to everyone else :)

I hope everyone is having a wonderful 4th of July here in the US.  The IHAN clan is on holiday and I thought I'd share a few photos of our trip so far:

 We arrived at the cabin and spent 4-5 hours cleaning.  Although we have a generator and it was on the lighting was not very good.  You know I brought my Beam N Read Light with us....and it is a darn good thing I did too.  Believe it or not...the boys spotted a snake in the cabin.  We need a really bright light to check the entire place over because you can bet your sweet bippy I'm not sleeping in close proximity to a snake.  Yes we have plenty of other critters there...but a snake...no way!  So we can now add another "off label" use for the Beam N Read Lights....snake hunting...LOL.
We also found a pond monster at the cabin.  Nothing like the Loch Ness monster....but he has his days :)

Then there are always the snails....now being kept in their own private zoo.  Aaron's shirt was filthy and I said to him, "Aaron I think you have ruined your shirt."  He said, "Mom that is what a boys vacation is like, very dirty."  You know I laughed and smiled in my heart.

Looks like everyone is having fun....looks can be deceiving too....snakes are just not my speed...yucky...but I'm managing just fine otherwise.

Smiles,
Kelly

18 comments:

  1. Snakes? Inside the cabin? No, thank you to that! If you need a snake free refuge, I have a guest room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Fourth to you!
    I agree, the idea of a snake in the cabin would just about do me in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a wonderful vacation with the family and the snakes stay outside;)

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Curious...where is this cabin? I don't wanna go! I don't do snakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had forgotten that about boys and our four grand boys,4-12, will be here next weekend for three days. We will be looking for activity at the children's zoo and touring the NC battleship. I will use my Beam N Read to check on them while they sleep in their sleeping bags in my sewing room. Judy C in NC - Enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a good time at the cabin! LOL @ your pond monstah.... and yes, that's what boys do on vacay...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes! Not sure I could sleep after the snake ordeal. And...is that underwear on the pond monster's head?! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I am with you..I would be sleeping in my transportation vehicle.....and that would be sew uncomfortable cause these days that would be my scooter.. snakes...not into them at all...unless of course they are on my shoes...ok, maybe not anymore...x

    ReplyDelete
  9. ROFLMBO!!! Wonder why the pond monster didn't catch the snake???? Ah, yes, boyz. Always a new adventure (for all!). You are looking mighty pretty & relaxed, especially since you know snakes abound...

    Glad to see you are taking a break!! Have fun! Driver is calling - gotta hit the road!

    ReplyDelete
  10. roflol The snake, hopefully, is happily living elsewhere since you found it. Ugh!! As for the pond monster and the snail farmer, why not change them into snake radar detectors?? I absolutely LOVE the photos!!! It looks like a great vacation so far, as long as the snake has been evicted along with all of his friends. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boys sure are fun :) There is never a dull moment! And yes--there are moments that your heart takes a picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Kelly, nice to see your pretty smile. Have fun and enjoy time with your lovely family. Very precious.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would have given my right leg to be there. It was a lonely forth here. If I would have had someone who liked to travel and bring me east, you would have seen me. Lucky you, having a get away in the woods. Hope the snake was just a visitor and has taken up residence outside. Had my first day at out patient therapy today. Ouch!!! Guess you heard the latest family news. How sad for Marquel to loose Thuy right after loosing her Dad

    ReplyDelete
  14. NO SNAKES! Maybe you can use that special spray can on it...egads girl I wouldn't sleep. Hope you got it so you can enjoy yourself even more!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll take the bears of Montana any day over snakes ... you can hear the bears commin' ... not the snakes ... no way, no how! Be safe, have fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have a wonderful, relaxing get away vacation at your cabin. Looks like everyone is having fun and the boys are in their element. Enjoy to the max.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha! Loving the picture I'm imagining, with the three men chasing the snake and Kelly patiently(?) waiting to go back inside! I don't think I could sleep at all. Love the pictures; and you look lovely - your vacation agrees with you, in spite of your unwanted roomie!
    Jacque in SC
    quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, enjoy every minute!!! I am soooo envious of you. We rent a cabin at Allegany State Park every summer for a week, but it would be a DREAM to have one of our own!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...