Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Clover To The Rescue - Wonder Clips and Flower Head Pins

Waldo and I are still feverishly working on our quilt as you go charity quilt.  Every evening this week we have gotten together to get our blocks joined and now our rows.  Waldo is determined to have this quilt done by tomorrow, Friday.  Ya gotta love a woman on a mission....she keeps me hopping :)

I have to say it really is great to have the right tools for the job.  I am a person who gets annoyed when things don't go smoothly and I've found myself annoyed a few times with this project.  
These are the 10 count package of Wonder Clips.  They also come in 50 count packages.  If you are like me you are thinking...why do I need these...I could use the metal clips for paper right?  That was my first idea too...then I remembered Clover came out with these new clips and I wanted to try them. 
What I like about the Wonder Clips is that they did not crease my fabric and there is no risk of tearing your fabric like with the metal ones (I've actually done that).  They have a nice grip and I dropped them on the floor a few times and they did not break....which to me means they were made well with good quality and strength plastic.  The other neat thing about the Wonder Clips is they have a 1/4 and 1/2 inch seam allowance markings on the clips....and the clips lay flat.  As you can see in the photo above, I've clipped the roll together.  Before I did that, I found myself very frustrated the roll would unwind and I kept having to move my hand that was guiding the fabric through my machine to straighten the roll....then my stitching was crooked.  It does not take too much ripping out to tick me off .....really now...lol.
Waldo (Mrs. Rosemary) is joining the blocks so we can join the rows....we did that last night...whoo hooo..almost done :)
We have to fold and pin the fabric that will be the binding and the borders for this quilt as you go project.  I kept getting the fabric wobbly and I found it hard to grab the glass head pins that I love....so I grabbed the Clover Flower Head Pins and gave them a go.  They were perfect because I could grab the head so much easier with my fingers and they were nice and long...holding that fabric for a greater length.  Now I'm not saying our binding and borders are perfect....although I'd like you to believe that....but I did find the Flower Head Pins to be a great help.

I have to say I love my job!!!  I get to try all the new notions and tell my friends about the things I find to be helpful....it beats scooping "you know what"  in the circus.  LOL

Smiles,
Kelly

9 comments:

  1. That looks like it might be perfect for curved seams.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your choice of fabrics! I've been using the Clover flower pins for a while now - I'll never go back to the glass heads! Too bad, 'cuz I've got dozens of 'em, and not many of the flower-heads! Those clips look like just the ticket, too! Thanks for the reviews!!

    Scooping you-know-what's not so bad, and if you did it for the circus, you'd get paid to travel! That'd be cool!!

    kcallander989(at)gmail - stupid computers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love your job....I love hearing about all the new tools and your take on them. Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting reading about the wonder clips, sounds like they would be great. Hmmm, I have some of the clover pins and keep forgetting to get them out and try them. Love your fabrics in the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the Clover flower head pins the best of any pins I've ever used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love all of your tips Kelly - you are always so helpful! Thanks for keeping us up-to-date on notions! I received my batting yesterday - can't wait to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool! I love those flower head pins, although mine are butterflies, lol - they really are easier to grab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. my flower head pins are my absolute fave....durable and easy to use...

    (waving hello to Waldo!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. No fair! You post about these great tools, and I just have to have them! LOL I hope I can order some of those soon....thanks for the tips, Kelly!
    Jacque in SC
    quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...