Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

PA Projects.....Ahhhhh :)

These are some of the other UFO's I worked on while in PA. I won this pattern and a Jelly Roll from Green Fairy Quilts last year.



This is what the the quilt top looks like now. It is not finished yet but my goal is to finish it and ship it to Judi and Clint for their Romania Trip (Green Fairy Charity). Clint will be going to Romania again this year to take quilts to homeless children and those who live in orphanages. They are still collecting donations for their trip as well. Click here for more information. Did you know that 100% of the funds go directly to the children in Romania? They pay for their own travel expenses so that every penny they raise goes to those in need. I applaud Judi and Clint and look forward to sending this quilt for them to take along.


The Snap Backpack pattern by Lacy Hill of Golden Thyme Designs. I am embarrassed to say that I started this backpack last November while in PA for Thanksgiving.

This is the front of the backpack. As you might be able to see, I had done a chalk drawing of a Celtic knot and I had intended to applique it to the back of the backpack. I decided it needed something much more "wonderful." But exactly what that wonderful is I don't know. Do you have any ideas? I'd sure like to hear your thoughts. I now know why Lacey used colorful fabrics for her backpack. I love batiks and I really like how my bag turned out....but it is too plain.

Here are the pockets inside. I love all the pockets the pattern calls for. I will have a place for everything!

This is a photo of the back and the straps. I just love the bag, I just need some ideas for embellishing the back.
Last night I finished hand stitching around all of the bended bias for my table runner (Linda Poole's class).   So I'm making progress and I'm enjoying all the hand stitching.  I think that is my favorite.

On a personal note, I'm finding it very difficult to re-acclimate back into my routine here in OH.  All I can think of most days is what my friends are doing in PA.   Anyone have an extra 450,000 to buy the farm across from MJ's house?  I'll send you the proper spelling of my name so you can have it put on the deed correctly.  I'd even send a thank you card....LOL.

Smiles,
Kelly

9 comments:

  1. Wow... you've been a very busy lady! Yay you for getting all those UFOs done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i sent you a check today for the buying of that farm........haha love your works in progress

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time you had at your girls getaway. Love all you created! Beautiful. Just wish I could have joined you!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. 450,000?! Must be in gas well territory! I don't think prices are quite that high here but I don't think there is much for sale!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is lovely and your backpack.

    Yes...gotta get some quilts sent to Judi....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, the backpack is a little plain. I love the fabrics, but it definitely could use some "jazzing" up. So, find a beautiful floral or oriental and put some fusible on it and cut out the design and fuse it on. then maybe add some beading or hot fix crystals for a little "bling".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilt for Romania Kelly! Not sure what to add to the backpack - maybe a flower or a bird?

    ReplyDelete
  8. your quilt looks great and your backpack is fabulous and i love how you did the trim ....very clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see the farm house on the hill surrounded by giant trees. Then, off to the left a small barn studio for yourself with a lovely barn quilt painted on the front. Lots of yard space for kids...etc.
    Looks like you're on a roll with your projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...