Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Shop Hopping-Snow Shoveling-New Purchases and Da Loom

In the lane, snow is glistening....hmmm hmmmm....we're happy tonight dancing in a winter wonder land!!!  Ok...so those might not be the exact words....but perfect for this weather.  I love the snow....isn't it beautiful?  This is out our front door.

 

This is a photo near the bridge in Maumee.  I thought the snow on the river was pretty too.  I take the boys sledding not far from here.

On Monday I got to go to 5 different Quilt Shops in Michigan with some fun gals.  We started out at 9:00 in the morning and we got back at 4:30.   I've never been to any of the stores before so I had a great time.  I got a scissor fob for my favorite pair of Dovo Scissors.  I love these scissors and I think they deserved a beautiful bobble to identify them as mine (as thought I would let anyone ever walk away with them...lol).
I found this fabric in a fat quarter bin and they did not have any left on the bolt.  Ohhhh darn....I love these colors.  I bought two fat quarters and have absolutely no idea what I will do with them.....but I love them and that was good enough for me.


I also bought a new foot for my sewing machine and some other fabric that I'm not showing yet.  I'm hoping the boys get outside to play with a babysitter later today and I'm going to put together my Valentines wall hanging.  I love the fabric and I hope it turns out beautiful.

Sandy brought this to a meeting last Monday.  I had never seen a loom like this before.  She said it was  faster than knitting a pair of socks.  I'm not a knitter but this looks like something I could do.  I found it fascinating.  Here is a link that I found when looking for them on the internet.

Da Loom
Posted by Picasa


Sandy said she uses thin yarn and if my memory serves me correctly she said it had some wool in it too.  Da Loom website gives you all the information you need including a video.  So cool.

Snowman Smiles,
Kelly

5 comments:

  1. Just think... in a few months the Maumee will be lined with combat fishermen trying to catch walleye...

    Sounds like you had a good time in Michigan. What kind of foot did you get? Are you going to keep it secret?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly, sounds like you are having fun:) I may not be at the meeting tomorrow night, having some minor surgery in the morning. Please hold on to my book. If you want to send it that is fine also so I can pay you. Let me know, thanks. Jenna Louise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I do enjoy quilt runs, sew-cials, and shopping with the girls. Just wish I could come join you. But the next best is reading your delightful posts. Thanks for sharing insights. Stay warm & be safe! And take a lot of photos!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so disolutioned....I thought we were best friends and I was not invited....

    Sounds like you had a fun time...love the fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the fabric you got in fat quarters. I also enjoy shop hopping with my friends. We find a lot of this and that, and bring it home, lots of goodies. LOL The weaving looks like fun. Happy Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...