Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Miracles at IHAN


  
Last night before bed the we put together this Responsibility Chart.  The boys helped choose their responsibilities.  All I was looking for was having them get dressed, eat breakfast and get on the bus on time in the morning.  For the evening I was only expecting them to know when dinner time was and when homework and bath time would be.  I wanted them to be kind to one another and share. 

I was awakened at 6:55 by Rick.  He said Aaron had gotten up at 6am and the two of them were playing a board game this morning so I could sleep a little longer.  Then the two boys ran upstairs and were proudly telling me how they had taken our the trash and emptied the recycle bin.  They were giddy with joy at what they had accomplished.  Then Zach asked Aaron for one of his toys....Aaron said no....Zach tells him he needs to share because "the Chart" says to share.  Aaron shares his toy.

Aaron goes into our bedroom closet and manages to grab our laundry basket.  I really thought I died in my sleep and this was heaven.

I came downstairs to find the boys huddled around the washer and dryer.  Rick helped them with the detergent but they did the rest.

They were dressed, had eaten and were ready for the bus on time.  Can anyone confirm that I'm not dead....cause this sure does feel like heaven.....but then again....I'm not really expecting to get there (all my naughty posts) so I guess I'm alive :)

Smiles,
Kelly

7 comments:

  1. Enjoy it while it lasts, because I'm afraid the old saying is true...all good things must come to an end! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, memories of the days of yore! Keep smiling Mother.

    Popover over for our TRIPLE GIVEAWAY, if you haven't. Have a lovely day ~ TTFN, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, not sure if anyone else is having this problem but when I get the emails, they are all jumbled up. The pictures are on top of the words and it is all squished up on the page. Don't know how else to explain it. Sorry.

    I really hate it since I do enjoy getting your emails.

    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is totally awesome!!!!! you just crack e up...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with Susan. We walked this path too, and it worked for a while, but then it went by the wayside. Maybe your boys are more diligent then my children. We finally just made a weekly chart that was rotated every week (they exchanged jobs). This worked better for us when they got older and were able to do more things. Enjoy it while you can! And keep a smile on your face. Mostly praise them, even if they don't do it the way you want it done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Charts never worked with my older daughter, but I just may try with my 5 year old. I will check it out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful. And I'm not one that believes good things come to an end, as much that your young babies are growing up and "learning" to become responsible young men. The blessing is the light went on with your talk and responsibility chart. I'm confident you are going to keep them inspired to keep that light on!

    And I agree, praise and hugs are great rewards!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...