Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Friday, September 25, 2009

Needle Arts Guild of Toledo 34th Annual Show

Today was the first of a two day show at the Toledo Lucas County Public Library Sanger Branch for the Needle Arts Guild of Toledo. If you are local and can make it tomorrow.....it is an excellent show and well worth the drive.

"Bird In Flight" by Peverley Hormann

Peverley received several First Place Ribbons for "Bird in Flight." She was given First Place in the Silk and/or Metal Category, Best in Show and the Judge awarded this piece a Special First Place Ribbon for exceptional work. Peverley used different types of metal threads including check purl, Jaceron, plate, Japanese gold, Torsade and braid. The ground fabric is silk and the eye is a small crystal bead. Peverley used hand made silk paper as well. The lettering was done using press on letters.


Congratulations Peverley!!!! I'm so excited for you :) Your work is absolutely beautiful.

I entered a few of my pieces into the show. Typically when I go to a show I think to myself....I would never enter my work....it is not show quality. This time I entered some work hoping others might see you don't have to be an "expert" to enter your work. Not in one million years would I have ever expected a ribbon....and guess what....I received a 3rd place ribbon in the Quilting category for my Hawaiian Applique Wall Hanging.

I also entered the very first quilt I made, "Many Hands." My girlfriend, Mary Jane Ehlich, did the hand quilting and that was the category it was entered in under her name. I think Mary Jane does beautiful hand quilting and she gave me permission to enter the piece. Guess what? She took a First Place Ribbon for her hand quilting!!!! Congratulations Mary Jane!!!

There was one other piece I received permission to photograph. This is "Elvis" by Pamela Lungulow. She was given a Third Place Ribbon in the Counted Cross Stitch Category.

Congratulations Pamela!!! This is a very cool picture of Elvis. You just never know where the King of Rock and Roll will turn up next.

Smiles,

Kelly

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Kelly and Mary Jane! What a special accomplishment for a job well done. Wish I could be there to see all the fantastic work. Maybe you guys could venture over to Pittsburgh in April for our show. It is three days and always fantastic. Hey Kelly you might want to have a booth. If I know far enough in advance that you are coming I would love to help you out. Go to Three Rivers Quilt Guild web page and the information should be there. If not, email me and I will send you the information. I have the double bed ready for you guys to stay here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wOW the wall hanging is beautiful! You are so very talented..never could sew a hem here! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your hawaian prize Kelly! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...