Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Dear Jane quilt completed in two weeks?

Yes....I'm kidding. No one could complete a Dear Jane quilt in a few weeks. Or could they? Can you believe this "convenience cloth" Dear Jane??? A woman from the Black Swamp Quilters brought this in to show the rest of us gals. Now.....I think that there Dear Jane quilt my kind of Dear Jane!!! Just sandwich and stitch around the pieces....from a distance no one will know the difference.

I can just hear the booing and hissing from all my Dear Jane enthusiasts friends. Its like thinking you've been to Paris if you've watched a movie filmed in Paris....ain't no comparison!!! But that may be the only way I ever get a Dear Jane quilt.

Smiles,
Kelly

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! I'm working on a DJ, although not very diligently...and I think that's great for someone who can appreciate the art but doesn't want to piece the whole thing. Was it 44" wide or was it bigger like backing fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having such a time with my internet...lost my last comment...love the quilt...and you had me fooled at first....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea I have many friends on the Dear Jane road and not making alot of head way, this is one way of really upsetting them

    ReplyDelete
  4. Using a cheater cloth for a Dear Jane Quilt, or any other quilt, would be like going to a car show only to learn all of the restoration was completed by a professional and not the owners.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got my Dear Jane CD in the mail yesterday and I can't wait to start working on it. I like your idea but I want the really thing no subs for this gal. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...