Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hot Notions: Thimbles, Jackpot Scissors and Needle-Grip-It

Well...there seems to be a run on the notions market girls. I can't keep these items in stock and people are e-mailing me asking questions so I thought I would blog about them and their fantastic attributes.

First: Protect and Grip Thimble by Clover

I've blogged about this previously. Here is a testimonial:

Hi, Mary Jane, Okay. You are going to have to have to pry that wonderful thimble from my dead body!!! That is THE best thimble I've every tried. I will get it back to you next week if that's okay. I can see where it would be an advantage to having a couple of them. I just think that Clover has the best products!! Thanks for letting me borrow it. I will treat it kindly. :) Talk to you soon. Dori (partial re-print of e-mail with permission of sender)

Kelly,.....By the way, did I tell you why I like this thimble so much? I have arthritis in my fingers and when I put on a thimble, it
hits my knuckle and my finger swells something awful. The thimble doesn't fit all the way to the tip of my finger because of it hitting the knuckle. I've tried several different kinds and they are all very uncomfortable. This is the first one that I've tried that works perfect. I bet it will be a big seller. Take care. Dori (from e-mail with permission of sender)

I have sold over 21 thimbles in the last week. That is amazing!!! Clover will be thrilled that they are getting such positive reviews about their new thimbles. I had other e-mail testimonials but I deleted them in error. If you have something you would like me to share...please leave a comment on the blog or e-mail me at IHaveANotion@yahoo.com.

Second, 4 in. Jackpot Scissors by Simplicity
The 4-in Jackpot Scissors by Simplicity are another big hit. They are perfect for getting into tight spaces and snipping threads or applique. I've sold over 12 pair in the last 10 days alone. I first tried them at Quilt Market. The Scissor Man suggested we try them. He thought we would like them for applique and he was right!!!
Third: Needle Grip-It by Colonial Needle Co.

The Colonial Needle Co. and Roxanne Needle Co. introduced us to the Needle Grip-It at Quilt Market. Well it has turned out to be a big hit for hand quilters. These are little clear sticky grips that adhere to your finger. When you pull the needle through the grip does not permit the needle to slip. They stay on until you pull them off. The ones I wore stayed on all day, including after I washed my hands. If you are a hand stitcher I recommend you give these a try.
If you have tried any of these products yourself please feel free to leave a comment and share your experience with us.
Smiles,
Kelly

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so very much for sharing and clarifying the uses of these projects. I did a Google search on the Jack Pot Scissors, because I saw them on the Simplicity website. Unfortunately, there wasn't project description. But, it lead my to your site. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...