Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Won Miranda Stewart's New Punchneedle Book at Quilt Market

I had goosebumps when they called my name and I won Miranda's new book, "Punchneedle The Complete Guide". Woooo Hoooooo I wanted to jump up and hug her on the spot. You'll be so pleased to hear that I did not give in to my impulse. Instead I smiled very wide and said, "Thank You Marinda."

Marinda and her new book. She is such a beautiful woman. I wish my picture would have come out better. But it didn't so you will have to just imagine her beautiful eyes and smile.

Photo Album

Dinner Napkin

Picture



Eye Glass Case
Marinda said that any type of thread that will go through your needle and stay in your cloth can be used for Punchneedle. Now that is a gal after my own heart. Different threads make different textures and leave different sheens. My girlfriend, Starr, told me the same thing. These ladies have over 60 years of experience between them so I'm guessing they really know what they are talking about.

Punchneedle is fun and not very difficult to learn. It does take a little practice but honestly you will be able to make something fun in just a few hours. I prefer the Super Luxo needles but I don't use the handle. Starr taught me to put the needle into a pencil eraser and punch using just the needle. I think there are 4 needles in the Super Luxo set....it is late and I'm tired...so don't quote me (you've probably learned by now not to ever quote me anyway....it could get you into a lot of trouble....it does me) ....check my site under Punchneedle and the pictures are there.
This is a description of Marinda's book:
This book is a complete guide to the art of traditional punchneedle, an embroidery technique using a punch needed to create designs with looped thread. It includes a brief history of the Russian origins of the technique, along with a comprehensive review of the tools and materials used. Each technique is illustrated with a small sample and instructions so that you can try out the technique. Marinda also teaches you how to use punchneedle embroidery on a wide range of background fabrics - from rough and earth silk tussah to the finest velvet - and how to create an enormous number of textures and effects.
Have a great day!!!
Kelly

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! It is easy to you are thrilled ... enjoy!
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS!!! wow what a great prize. Hope to see some creations soon :-)

    Jocelyn
    http://happycottagequilter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations! always fun to win stuff! can't wait to see what you make!
    Beth in Dallas

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...