Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

EQ6 Is Very Cool

I don't know about you but I'm one of those people who has a hard time with visualizing how certain fabrics will look made into different quilts. Often I avoid cutting into my fabric stash favorites because I don't want the finished product to come out wonky. Or because I did not realize they colors would have played better if I had separated them. I can scan in my fabrics and play with them to see how they will look in quilt patterns before I ever cut a piece of my "good stuff."

The EQ6 is for those of us with impaired visualization or I actually think it has something to do with seeing in 3D and engineers do this really well (I studied this stuff so long ago that is all I remember....all that money on my education and I can't remember...guess that is what Google is for!!!) and many other people who want to see and print what they are making. You can go to the EQ6 website and check out the various tools this software offers. I really liked this video on designing quilts .
I think their site offers quit a bit of information so if you are new to quilting or an advanced quilter you will probably see or learn something on their site. However you will not learn much from me about the workings of the brain....mine is mushy today :)

Smiles,
Kelly
P.S. Did you see the price: $149.00? My price is $109.00 that is 40 more dollars for fabric girls :)

1 comment:

  1. I have used my EQ6 to design a few quilts. The last one was designed using the actual fabrics and I was quite thrilled to see that my completed quilt really did look like the planned design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...