Announcement!

I Have A Notion blog and store have moved to:


the store can be found at


There is a much easier to navigate store, with new items. The blog has its own page as well... new content too.

The blog is now at www.ihaveanotion.com/blog

Please come and visit!

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Will there be a "Starry Night" tonight?



I belong to a Punchneedle Yahoo group and a conversation was started about the idea of punching Van Gogh's Starry Night. Lynnette Larson had already punched this piece and shared it with the group. I admired it and asked her permission to share it on my blog. Happiily she agreed and this is what she had to say:
"This is my punchneedle interpretation of Van Gogh's Starry Night. It is about 5" x 7" in size. I used the photo from a small calendar for the basic design, and used a variety of embroidery floss colors. Most of the time I used three strands in a Cameo needle, with one strand of one color and two of another color. I enjoyed creating this piece as a gift for my daughter's college graduation in 2005, as I have her high school art project, a large chalk pastel interpretation of Starry Night, hanging above my bed. I'm a housewife from Chicago. I hook rugs, worked for a quilt shop for 15 years, and now have a full house after having an empty nest. Health problems suppressed my creative urges for a while, but I'm still finding ways to express myself. God bless you!"
Lynnette also has a blog http://lynnettelarson.wordpress.com/.
Isn't this a beautiful gift? Everytime I see work like this I want to improve my punching. I tend to over punch when I'm working on a piece. Progress not perfection right? RIGHT!
Easter is on it's way and another group member commented about making a picture of Easter Eggs. Then I started thinking about what Starr had suggested....punching a picture a child has drawn. I am now thinking about having my boys draw pictures of Easter Eggs and punching them as gifts for their grandparents. All of these wonderful ideas. I have to get back to finishing my projects. I'll post a picture of all those luggage tags when I'm finished.
Have a Starry Night!!
Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading the IHAN Blog. I love getting and reading every comment that is left here; however I may not be able to respond to all comments left during giveaways. There are times when I am juggling many tasks at one time and may not reply to all comments. Please e-mail me at quiltnotions@gmail.com if you need a reply quickly. I thank you for your understanding and-
More Later-Beth

Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...